Bennigan's Cheese and Bacon Potato Skin RecipeIngredients
- 5 large (about 2 pounds) Potatoes, scrubbed clean
- 12 pieces Bacon, chopped
- 6 Green Onions, sliced
- 6 Tablespoons Butter, melted
- 1 cup grated Cheddar Cheese
- Sour Cream and Sweet Chilli Sauce for dipping
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place potatoes onto middle shelf of oven. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until tender. Cool.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Cook bacon for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in half the onions.
- Preheat grill on medium-high heat.
- Cut potatoes into quarters, ensuring skin remains intact.
- Scoop out flesh, leaving a 1/2 inch layer of potato.
- Place skins onto a baking tray, flesh-side down.
- Brush with half the butter. Grill for 3 minutes, or until golden. Turn.
- Brush with remaining butter. Grill for a further 3 minutes, or until golden.
- Spoon bacon mixture into skins.
- Top with cheese and grill for a further 5 minutes - or until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with remaining onions.
Serve with sour cream and sweet chilli sauce.
If You Like this Recipe -- Get More Secret Recipes from Bennigan's...
...and All of Your Favorite Restaurants like:
Photo of Potato Skins is by Kevin D Weeks - http://www.seriouslygood.kdweeks.com/ and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0) License.