Texas Roadhouse Rattlesnake Bites do not include any actual rattlesnake -- it's the jalapeno pepper in the recipe that provides the "bite."
These are similar in ingredients and taste to jalapeno poppers.
And the great news is that you don't need to go out to dinner at Texas Roadhouse to enjoy their cheesy goodness.
Texas Roadhouse Rattlesnake Bites Recipe
Note: that you need to make plans to start the Rattlesnake Bites about 1 hour before you want to serve them so they have time to firm up in the freezer before cooking.
- 2 1/2 cups Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
- 1 cup chopped fresh Jalapenos
- 1 cup chopped pickled Jalapenos
- 1 cup chopped Red or Green Bell Peppers
- 1/2 cup Buttermilk or regular Milk
- 1 1/2 cup Bread Crumbs, seasoned or unseasoned
- 1 1/2 cups Buttermilk
- Vegetable Oil
- In a shallow bowl, mix well cheese, jalapenos, bell peppers and 1/2 cup buttermilk.
- Roll into a firm “golf ball-sized” balls.
- Place bites in covered bowl and let set for 30 to 45 minutes in the freezer.
- Take the balls out of the freezer and dip in buttermilk, then roll around in breadcrumbs. You can do this early and place them in the freezer until you are ready to fry them
- Deep fry in hot oil until golden brown.
I'll tell you what else is absolutely delicious with them – Honey Mustard. Try our recipe for The Best Honey Mustard You Have Ever Tasted. CLICK HERE.
If You Like this Recipe -- Get More Secret Recipes from Texas Roadhouse...
...and All of Your Favorite Restaurants like:
Photo of Texas Roadhouse Rattlesnake Bites is by Mike McCormick - http://aitiwv.wordpress.com/ - and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-SA 2.0) License.