TGI Friday's Fried Mozzarella Sticks Recipe
- 16 ounce block of Mozzerella Cheese, chopped into 16 sticks
- 3 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1 tablespoon dried Oregano Leaves
- 1 tablespoon dried Basil Leaves
- 2 Eggs
- 1/3 cup Flour
- enough Canola or Grapeseed Oil to cover the bottom of your pan by several inches
- Marinara Sauce for dipping
- Make a breading station for your cheese sticks. First is a plate with flour. Second is a bowl with the two lightly beaten eggs, plus a splash of water. The third station is a mix of panko and herbs. Have a baking sheet ready to place the breaded sticks on when complete.
- Take each cheese stick and coat in with flour. Dust off any excess, then bathe it in the egg mixture. Finally, roll, press and coat it all over with the breadcrumbs.
- Freeze cheese for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight. The cheese must be cold enough to resist melting in the hot oil, so patience really does pay.
- Heat several inches of oil over a medium high flame. Place the handle of a wooden spoon to test temperature. Once bubbles form around it, the oil is hot enough. Place the sticks in the oil without overcrowding. I do two batches. Keep a careful watch, turning them when one side browns. It takes about 3 minutes total. Once golden brown, place them on a cooling rack over a baking sheet so excess oil can drip away. You can lightly dust them with sea salt while hot if you like.
- Serve right away with marinara for a dipping sauce.
If You Like this Recipe -- Get More Secret Recipes from TGI Friday's...
...and All of Your Other Favorite Restaurants like:
Photo of T.G.I. Friday's Fried Mozzarella Sticks is by Joseph Nicolia and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic (CC BY-SA 2.0) License.