P.F. Chang's Lettuce Wraps with Chicken RecipeIngredients
- 16 Boston, Bibb or Butter Lettuce leaves
- 1 pound ground Chicken Breast
- 1 large Onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced Garlic
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup Hoisin Sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh Ginger
- 1 tablespoon Rice Wine Vinegar or Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Asian Chili Pepper Sauce (see Note Below)
- 1 can (8 ounce size) sliced Water Chestnuts, drained, finely chopped
- 1 bunch Green Onions, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons Asian Sesame Oil
- Rinse lettuce leaves, keeping them whole. Set aside to drain.
- Cook chicken in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring often to break up the meat. Add onion, garlic, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, ginger, vinegar and chili sauce. Cook until the meat is crumbled and brown.
- Add water chestnuts and green onions. Cook until onions begin to wilt, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in sesame oil. Arrange lettuce leaves on the outer edge of a platter. Spoon meat mixture in center. Allow diners to spoon meat mixture into lettuce leaves and eat like a taco.
Note - Asian chili pepper sauce can be found in the Asian section of most supermarkets. Some brands contain garlic, which is fine. You can use 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper or 1/2 teaspoon dried red chili flakes instead.
If You Like this Recipe -- Get More Secret Recipes from P.F. Chang's...
...and All of Your Favorite Restaurants like:
Photo of P.F. Changs Lettuce Wraps with Chicken is by Li Tsin Soon - http://verylicio.us/ - and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0) License.