Bennigan's Broccoli Bites RecipeA blend of broccoli, cheese and bacon tossed in a crispy coating of Parmesan garlic herbs with smokey honey Dijon dressing.
- 3 tablespoons prepared Dijon-style mustard
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil for frying
- Sauce: In a small bowl, stir together the mustard and honey. Set aside. (See Below)
- Chop florets into small pieces or pulse lightly in food processor.
- Toss in a mixing bowl with shredded cheese. Set aside.
- Beat egg and stir in the milk.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together and combine them with the egg and milk mixture, beating well.
- Beat in 1/2 teaspoon oil as well.
- Pour mixture over broccoli and cheese and toss to coat well.
- In a large skillet or saucepan heat oil to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Drop broccoli mixture by spoonfuls into 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) oil and fry until golden brown.
- Serve with honey mustard sauce.
We have an even better Honey Mustard Sauce Recipe on our Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes Blog. In fact we call it The Best Honey Mustard You’ve Ever Tasted for a reason. It really is!
Click here now for the Recipe for The Best Honey Mustard You’ve Ever Tasted.
If You Like this Recipe -- Get More Secret Recipes from Bennigan's...
...and All of Your Favorite Restaurants like:
Photo of Broccoli Bites is Owned by Stacey Huggins - Photo taken by Kasey and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic (CC BY 2.0) License.